Re: gnoem control panel

> I have a supplement to the questions.
> I am systemadministrator. How can I global configure icons into the
> panel?

There is no "system file" for the panel. I'm assuming what you want is
to change the default panel launchers and applets. The only way to do as
you suggest is to compile your new defaults for the panel into
gnome-core. Take a look at the Redhat RPMs for an example. They have a
patch to gnome-core that does exactly this
(gnome-core-1.0.53-default.patch). If all you want to do is add
launchers to the foot menu, you can do this by adding *.desktop files to
/etc/X11/applnk (at least in Redhat, in other distros it might be in a
different place).

> /etc/skel isnīt the answer, because is only valid for new users.
> A what is with the (e.g. 8000) old users?

I suppose you could write a bash script that's called from .bash_profile
that checks for the presence of the ~/.gnome directory, and if it isn't
there, write a default .gnome directory for the user. That might work.

> Exists a systemfile or dicectory for systemadministration?
> It would be important!

Yes, there really should be an easier way to do this.

Andrew Post