Bug in gnome-terminal?

I am currently playing around with Exceed 6.1 under Windows NT 4.
I´m logged into my linux-box via telnet and there I´ve started
gnome-session. Now, when I fire up the gnome-terminal and execute top
the terminal dies with

[ojo@triton ojo]$ gnome-terminal
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

  xterm does not show this behaviour.

  I assume this is a bug in the terminal?

  Oliver