Re: Solaris x86 7 and gnome-session

James hit this problem on the head. Doing the backtrace suggested by
James and Tom showed the problem was  in the ICE library udate. The
problem is with  X11R6.4 updates  which were included in the latest MU
(and possibly the older MU's aswell).

 I had to remove the patch  107649-09  and to do this I also had to
remove the 107659-04 107657-04 107655-05 107653-03 107651-05. Once these
were removed then gnome-session  runs again. Reading the README's for
these the main problem with removing these patches was fixing a bug with
StarOffice 5.1. The bug was that when quiting StarOffice 5.1 then the X
server would die. I presume this is with Xsun. I am running XIG server
at present and this does not have the problem. People runnung the Sun X
server and StarOffice might want to be careful with removing these
patches.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

--