Re: Gnome PPP dial-up problems

If you're using Red Hat Linux, you might check out Red Hat's PPP dialer,
rp3. It's a little more polished than gnome-ppp.

Otherwise, you can still get gnome-ppp working. You need to check and see
if you have a file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets setup. It should contain a line
such as:

username	remote	password

The remote tag can be any identifier you want. It must correspond to the
"Remote Name" entry in gnome-ppp's properties.

Then chmod u+s /sbin/pppd and make sure you have proper access to your
modem device. I think that should work. If not, let me know what
/var/log/messages says.

Cody Russell