Re: Some new GNOME development screenshots from me ;)

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 12:14:22PM -0500, Havoc Pennington mentioned:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, John P. Looney wrote:
> >  Sweet! Are there any RPMs made up from the gnome-*1.1.x releases yet ?
> I'm not sure we want these; we already have people using 1.1 that
> shouldn't be (they complain about instability, etc., don't understand that
> it's a development snapshot). RPMs only encourage this.
>
> We want to be in beta before we get a deluge of bug reports from end
> users...

 Fair enough. I have the CVS stuff here, and I'm wondering whether or not
to try install it, and see can I do some bug spotting/fixing. Only problem
being that it does take a while to do the whole build. Does anyone have a
script that does something like "for i in ~/download/gnome/cvs/* ; do cd
$i;./autogen.sh;make install" ? Has anyone been able to tell RPM "compile
me up & upgrade all these source directories" ? I assume you can't use 'rpm
-ta' on a directory...

Kate

--
Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen