Re: The industry standard

michael@selectrec.net (Michael Vanderford) writes:

> I agree, seeing how i use kmail, and kppp in a gnome dominated
> enviroment. However it seems that there are pros & cons to this.

Sure there are.  Let's hope that the cons get faded out by developers
one by one.

> A con for examle: When incoming messages have a hyperlink in them
> the associated application that runs is the KDE file manager wich in
> turn loads the kde desktop icons over gnome icons.Needless to say
> this is a feature that does not work verry well for me.

Sure, but with all due respect to the KDE peoples efforts and merits
this just demonstrates that KFM is simply broken.  Fortunately this is
AFAIK a known issue which is practically resolved in the current devel
versions of KDE by getting rid of KFM and it's desktop management
altogether and splitting their functions into a new file manager and a
library for the the desktop handling (please correct me if i'm wrong
as i don't follow KDE development very closely).

                                     Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------