Re: Terms of endearment

Here is a short description of some of those terms

docking - attaching something to something else.  An example is the
  GnomeDock widget, which is what allows you to dock the toolbars and
  menubar of an application to any side of the application work area.

swallowing - the applets on the panel are actually seperate programs.
  Their toplevel window is `swallowed' into the panel, which is why they
  apear as part of the panel.  The swallow app menu item allows you to
  swallow any application into the panel.  Note that swallowing sometimes
  does not work correctly with enlightenment.

paging - this may be used in the context of a desktop pager.  It may refer
  to switching between different virtual areas of the desktop.  It also
  refers to moving memory pages between swap space and real memory, but
  you probably didn't hear it in this context.

warf - a clone of Nextstep's dock.  Refers to the button bar down the
  right hand side of the screen in a lot of window maker or afterstep
  screenshots.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au