Re: GNOME UI Summary [* - Nov 11, 1999]

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Kenneth Christiansen wrote:

> It should be possible from each program to decide wether it should use:
>  o icons and text
>  o only text
>  o only icons
>  o the setting decided in control-center (this should be default)

I'll admit that how to do this on a per app basis is probably not easy,
but it would be _much_ nicer than the current desktop wide setting.
Perhaps have a context (right mouse button) menu as part of the menubar
widget.  Then that would ofcourse cause confusion if the app wanted to
have the setting in it's own preferences.

-chris
Christopher Rogers      http://www.darkcorner.net
gandalf@darkcorner.net  gandalf@pobox.com

they make a lot of money, and maybe this corrupts, but hey our state
religion is capitalism.
				-A.C. posting on slashdot