Re: Starting gnome programming...

well, Learning C is a good start. If you already
know it then Eric Harlow's Gtk+ programming book
is good.

The definitive manual on GNOME programming though
is twofold, a) http://developer.gnome.org and b)
GTK+/GNOME Programming by Havoc Pennington
(ISBN 0-7357-0078-8) Its simply incredible.

Glade is a GUI builder that is available. However
for true IDE's there are no polished ones out
there. gdb is still the de facto standard for
debugging as well.

Hope this helps some.

Sincerely,

Will LaShell

We want this, and that, we demand the share in that
and most of that, some of this, and all of that. less
of that, and more of this, and plenty of this, Nothing,
We want it now, I want it yesterday, I want more tommorow,
and the demands will all be changed then, so stay awake.