Re: Adding GNOME to Solaris7

On 10 Nov, Paul Barnfather wrote:
| Gregory Leblanc wrote:
| > Seeing how GNOME is wonderfun and good, and how it has all the features that
| > I need, I want to install it on my solaris machine.  Now, I can probably get
| > through the compile, and get all the libraries installed and whatnot, but
| > I'd like to do something a little more spiffy.  On Solaris you have that
| > wonderful graphical login screen, that lets you choose which Graphical User
|
| Sure thing! Try:
| http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome/dtlogin.html
| Please let me know if you find any errors...
+--->8

Note that that "wonderful graphical login screen" is part of CDE, and
is based on notoriously insecure services.  It might be better to get
gdm2 working (I've managed to hack it into compiling despite its being
nonportable, but haven't had the chance to test it yet).

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu