Re: Enlightenment "Clean" theme--better speed/stability?

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Tom Gilbert wrote:

> > You might want to switch to another window manager altogether and see how
> > much of an improvement that brings... :-)
>
> The wm-warmonger strikes again!
>
> Anyone else getting rather bored of these constant negative niggles?
>
> Be pro-choice, not anti!

I wonder why you suddenly get edgy when I tell someone that they could
consider choosing another alternative.

If you want to choose an alternative that other people see as having
problems, that's fine. I'm not telling anyone what choice to make. I
didn't say which wm TO use, nor which one I use, because I want people to
evaluate the alternatives for themselves. I merely alluded to the
potential positive consequences that might result from choosing a
different window manager. Choices have consequences.

> We should all be on the same side here, if you want to harp on about
> something, find something really bad to focus on. You're making
> yourself look silly. The last thing open source developers should do
> is bitch at each other or each other's work, there's plenty of lamers
> out there waiting to give us grief, we needn't do it to each other!

Trying to avoid criticism of software defects by asking people to be kind,
loving, and cooperative is the last thing free software needs to improve.
If you want people to stop criticizing E, go fix it so that unbiased,
uninitiated new users don't repeatedly come to the conclusion that other
window managers are faster/more stable/whatever.

Reply-To set, :)
-- Elliot