Re: ANNOUNCE - GNOME Update Manager

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Iain> I've finally got a release together for the GNOME Update Manager
> Iain> (or GUM for short). This is version 0.2.2 and is the first
> Iain> public release and I'm just hoping I've not forgotten anything,
> Iain> and it'll work on other people's machines.
>
> At some point I think we should put this into the default Gnome
> session.  That might mean putting GUM into gnome-core, though I'm not
> sure.  (I don't know how these decisions are made these days.)

I think instead we need a more flexible method of putting things into the
default session - something like sysv initscripts comes to mind.

In that case, we also might want a mini-GUM inside gnome-core itself to
allow people to select whether they want something newly added to the
default session to be included in their own session.

Fun fun,
-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.