Re: several problems/queries

> I've also been trying to update enlightenment but i keep on getting
> the same [well similar] error all the time, the error is as follows

> checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> Configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Umm.... you'd probably want a C compiler if you're installing from source.
Try installing gcc first - you can get it from:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html

Or various other places. Alternatively you could get a binary realease of
Enligtenment.

> The last thing is just a query, i've noticed that you can get back to
> the main console [the place b4 x is activated] by pressing ctrl + alt
> + F? but i can't get back in any1 know how to do this?

Use ctrl + alt + F7 to get back to X.

Phil Cowans