Re: gnome-pager in gnome-applets CVS...

> Sorry to bring up an "old" subject, but...
>
> I just noticed that gnome-pager has been taken out of the default build
> and distribution in CVS as of October 22. Only noticed it now as I did a
> completely clean install of everything. Why has this been done? I recall
> a couple discussions comparing gnome-pager and deskguide/tasklist but
> didn't realize that gnome-pager was no longer going to be
> built/distributed automatically with gnome-applets. Personally I don't
> mind deskguide but I really dislike tasklist, and I also dislike taking
> twice the memory for the same functionality, the deskguide/tasklist
> applets each consume roughly the same memory as the gnome-pager,
> contrary to certain beliefs that they should each be smaller on their
> own. Bottom line is that it would be nice if gnome-pager got added back
> to the default build/distro of gnome-applets, even if it is not the
> default.
I second that. Although I don't know what status of tasklist is, in 1.0.54
gnome-pager has some functionality that tasklist has not, e.g.
middle mouse button iconifies/deiconifies and the icon shows the state
of the task, iconified, deiconified and focussed.

--
Gérard Milmeister <gemi@bluewin.ch>
Tannenrauchstrasse 35

PGP signature