Re: gnome-libs patch

>  Hmmm, I believe the ellipses indicate an interactive action, and not
>  whether or not the user will have to input anything.  Without the
>  ellipses, a menu item should invoke its action immediately.  The
>  ellipses imply further interaction, which typically means a dialog box.
>
>  And technically speaking, the About box *does* require further input,
>  even if it is just clicking on the OK button to dismiss it.

Ellipsis on menu items should be used to indicate that the command
cannot be carried right away because it needs more information from
the user before it can operate.  File/Open is an example of this; it
needs to know the file name before it can actually open the file.

Help/About does *not* require further input.  The command itself *is*
to bring up the about dialog box, and that requires no previous
information from the user.  So this menu item should not have
ellipsis.

I have just applied Eric's patch to CVS on the HEAD branch, not on the
stable branch, to avoid disrupting the translations.  I did not change
the Close item.

  Federico