Re: Multiple gnome sessions

> On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 07:01:32PM +0000, Sean Legassick wrote:
> > However it seems that a given user can only have one session running
at
> > time. Is that correct?
>
> Yes, that's true. Hmm, interesting idea you've got there, I can't
really
> see why one would want to run more than one session though.

Example: the user has one app that refuses to run in anything but 24 bpp
or the user prefers 24 bpp. The user also has another program that needs
16bpp (q3test is only accelerated in 15/16 bpp on most cards, for
instance). The user needs to run 2 X servers if she wants to provide
both bit depths to her programs at the same time.