	0x80794e7 in setup_no_alpha (button=0x80e3cd0) at button-widget.c:176
	176			if(!tiles.tiles_up[button->tile]->art_pixbuf->has_alpha)
	(gdb) bt
	#0  0x80794e7 in setup_no_alpha (button=0x80e3cd0) at button-widget.c:176
	#1  0x807a95e in button_widget_new (
	    filename=0x80e3210
"/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-logo-icon-transparent.png",
	    size=-1, tile=2, arrow=1, orient=GNOME_Panel_ORIENT_UP,
	    text=0x807e2d8 "Menu") at button-widget.c:723
	#2  0x8065ea9 in create_panel_menu (
	    menudir=0x80e3288 "/usr/share/gnome/apps/.", main_menu=1,
	    orient=GNOME_Panel_ORIENT_UP, main_menu_flags=245) at menu.c:3494
	#3  0x8065ffa in create_menu_applet (arguments=0x80e3278 ".",
	    orient=GNOME_Panel_ORIENT_UP, main_menu_flags=245) at menu.c:3540
	#4  0x80660c7 in load_menu_applet (params=0x80e3278 ".",
main_menu_flags=245,
	    panel=0x80df148, pos=3) at menu.c:3565
	#5  0x80581aa in init_user_applets () at session.c:839
	#6  0x8052fb2 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc14) at main.c:264

One gripe (unrelated):

I looked all over for the dialog box that lets me configure the panel
position (used to be "This panel properties"). I finally found out where it
is. The problem is that its menu entry ("Panel...", Rt-click on
panel->Properties) had a line underneath it and then some other
configuration options. Ok, on the foot menu, when the mouse goes over the
entries for the submenus, the submenu pops up (let's say Multimedia) with
the word "Multimedia" and a line underneath it as its first option. This
entry does not do anything that I know of except when I right click it,
another menu with entries such as "Add this menu to panel as drawer" or
something like that comes up. This menu could easily be relocated to the
entry for the submenu on the foot menu. Anyways, I got it such a habit of
skipping over that first redundant entry that said the name of the submenu
that I simply skipped over the "Panel..." entry in the panel rt-click menu.
So, in conclusion, I think the extra name of the submenu in its submenu
should be removed and its right-click menu moved to the foot menu. Important
lesson: a picture is worth a thousand words.

Does anyone think that the panel crashing might be related to my processor
compiling? I have a AMD K6-2 450 UNDERclocked to 400 because gcc crashed
when I compiled the kernel.

Thanks for reading my extra-long e-mail,

Gerry Chu
gerrychu@bigfoot.com