Re: RPM for gnome-libs 1.0.54?

I think there seems to be some misunderstnading here - at least unless I
misunderstand ;-)

gnome-libs-1.0.54 isn't even out yet - what is released is a test version
that will become 1.0.54 provided there aren't any horrible bugs. As such
it should be considered for developers and experienced testers only. Hence
only in tar.gz. form. tar.gz automake etc is like the entrance exam to
check that you know enough or a re presisitant enough that if xxx.tar.gz
wrecks stuff you fix the wreckage up and tell the developers what went
wrong (or fix it). Like all exams it's not perfect.

If there are too many development/testing things out there in rpm form
then if they have bugs it can damage our reputation and cause the list to
be deluged (alot of the time with not very helpful messages).

Since 1.0.0 it has been real easy to get the latest stable release via
rpm.

Just be patient and the 1.0.54 will be out in rpm form when it's ready.

Of course this is just my opinion and not "official" gnome policy,

Paul