Re:RE: Compiling for dummies

hi,

> I'm just learning to write Gnome apps (nothing too fancy yet) and I'm
> desperately seeking for good documentation, like API descriptions. I've found
> some really useful stuff at developer.gnome.org, but as far as I could see, not
> all documentation is available for download (just available online). Am I
> looking in all the wrong places?

The tarballs usually contain the best source of documentation. The gtk tarball contains a very cool testgtk program demonstrating all the gtk widgets. The gnome tarball has a gnome equivalent. The code to these programs is very good to follow.

Also the gtk tarball contains a whole directory full of example programs with source code.

Finally the gnome-libs tarball also contains copies of the API documentation in HTML format, as well as the FAQ. The gtk tarball also has bits of their API, but unfortunately they haven't taken the time to document much of it (much to my frustration).

ta,
wayne