Re: session management

> In your case you have to be careful to only do this when starting from
> a saved session.  The user should probably be able to run this program
> by hand as many times as he wants.
>
> The property-grabbing code is probably still in gnomeui, but I haven't
> looked.  (There might be a better way to solve this problem.  Some
> people didn't like this approach, but I don't remember their
> objections.)

	I was going to do it by checking a config value to see if it had run
before, then setting a shutdown command to add the restart command and clear the
variable if it hadn't. This was rather long winded, and didn't work in some
circumstances (like a server crash). The property way works, and is much neater
and easier to understand too. Thanks.

> If the user decides not to save, just take his word for it.  There's
> no reason to try to force him to run this program.  He might have
> chosen not to save precisely because he doesn't want to run it.

	Fair enough :)
iain