Re: more automated download?

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Joey Reid wrote:

whizba> this is a great idea - i live behind a firewall at work that only allows
whizba> http, so i spend lots of time shift-clicking. perhaps the site could
whizba> generate a form with the list of packages, and the user could check the
whizba> ones that they want/need, and click on a download button at the bottom (a
whizba> la windows update). that would make it much more user-friendly.
whizba>

Do it the Linux way ;-) Use wget to recursively fetch the contents
of a whole dir via http.

Greetings,

Michiel

P.S. On a side note (and IMNSHO(tm)), I don't think we should be spending
time circumventing silly firewall rules. FTP is a basic protocol, if
your site doesn't allow it get it fixed!

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to
anger and have not need for subtlety.