Re: GNOME and PPP - suggestions for way forward

James Green wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 1999, James M. Cape wrote:
>
> > Well, despite what others have suggested, I personally do *not* want the
> > modem_lights applet removed. It is the most useful of the PPP dialers in
> > gnome-core. A spinning globe with a big "G" on it? No offense, but how
> > useful is that? modem_lights allows me to see connection time,
> > throughput, and a short history, and I don't have to click on any menus
> > or buttons to do it.
>
> I did mention the ability to double-click the icon (in panel) and have it
> connect/cancel/disconnect. Maybe the graph could be put into the stats
> area?

Perhaps I am simply an idiot, but where is this stats area?
The applet as it stands now is simply a globe, and the left
frame of the preferences dialog doesn't appear to do
anything.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of
them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had
happened."
        -- Winston Churchill