Roll-your-own RPMS from CVS

Given a long weekend and a thunderstorm, I decided to update Gnome
on my RedHat 6.0 system. Since I already have Gnome RPMS on the
distribution I decided to "roll my own" from CVS. To this end I
modified my own script I previously used for installing without
RPM. I have posted this on my website at

http://www.wainpr.demon.co.uk/gnome-bugfixes/index.html

I ran into a few problems (ongoing) with the compilation, largely
bugs in files like "configure", "Makefile.am", "package.spec.in"
etc. I have also posted these, and will continue to do so when I
have time. The present work is on a CVS snapshot of 27th May.

Peter Wainwright
Home: prw@wainpr.demon.co.uk     Work: peter.wainwright@nrpb.org.uk
http://www.wainpr.demon.co.uk    Fax: +44-870-052-3185
Visit the Opera Exchange Homepage at http://www.treda.co.uk/opex/