Re: File manager tree.

In explorer under windows, you will find that it puts a [+] sign next to
every directory on networked filesystems.  It only checks to see if it was
appropriate to have it there when you try clicking on the expander (that
is, if there were no subdirectories then the [+] sign disapears).

For slow filesystems/large directories, this can make quite a difference.
So even explorer makes this sort of optimisations.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/