Re: Pipes

SGI had (for all I know, still has) a very nice data-analysis system keyed to large-scale numerical simulations. You clicked on menus to specify filters (FFTs, contour packages, plotters, whatever), which showed up as boxes on the screen; then you rubber-banded lines between boxes to get data from one box to the other. So you could do quite complex data analysis with a few clicks.

--
Juan Rivero		email juanr@averroes.ivic.ve     Tel +582-504-1772
Centro de Quimica       WWW    http://averroes.ivic.ve/  Fax +582-504-1350