Re: gnumeric hidden features

> It would be very useful to duplicate this
> feature, so that all the hard work already done to permit importing from
> other platforms will actually be put to use.

Planned to have.

> What is the impression the gnumeric developers have of StarOffice
> Spreadsheet?  It seems the most advanced on the Linux platform right now.

I have no impression, as I do not have StarOffice.

Gnumeric is about providing an opensource/free spreadsheet.  It is
still lagging behind commercial offerings.

> One other thing mystifies me a little.  Why there has been no effort, yet,
> to add a function tool, that lays out the functions available, by category,
> which you can double click to drop into the current cell?

There was some effort, but the code was not something I quite liked,
and we were going to use Libglade anyways, so it is currently disabled .

> Oh, and a recent version (1 week ago) failed to generate auto locking "$"
> characters, as in $a$1, using F4.

I do not know what F4 does, can you explain me, so that I can
implement this?

best wishes,
Miguel.
--