Re: RH 6.0: Gnome and KDE Peaceful Coexistence or WishfullThinking?

Hi,

I think you're a bit paranoid (no offense intended) - those changes seem
like either simple bugs, or changes unrelated to Gnome or KDE (for example
the device changes; those are probably in some unrelated Red Hat package).

If anything your gripe is with the RPM package tool, because it doesn't
ask you to verify everything it installs/does - if it did, you'd probably
have to answer about a thousand questions during an upgrade. However you
feel about that, I don't think it's Gnome-KDE related.

The KDE people also claim that that version of KDE is unstable, and that
you should get 1.1.1 instead - but I don't know if any of the bugs you're
seeing are part of that.

Anyway, let's not make up imaginary conflicts to supplement the real ones.

HTH,
Havoc