gnome-terminal: repaint problems

I still cannot submit to the Gnome ticket database.  The following was
rejected with the usual incomprehensible error message (appended):

Package: gnome-core
Version: 1.0.5

1. the screen is not restored after, say, vi.
   in xterm the screen is restored.

2. try playing `robots' (bsd-games-2.1-5) in a gnome-terminal.
   eventually, you will see that some robots fail to be repainted.
   I suspect that this is not robots-specific.
   this doesn't happen in xterm.

gnome-audio-1.0.0-6
gnome-core-1.0.5-2
gnome-games-1.0.2-10
gnome-libs-1.0.9-1
gnome-linuxconf-0.22-1
gnome-objc-1.0.2-4
gnome-pim-1.0.7-2
gnome-rh5.2-release-notes-1.0-6
gnome-users-guide-1.0.5-4rh
gnome-utils-1.0.1-6
glibc-2.1.1-7
glib-1.2.3-1
gtk+-1.2.1-10

Linux eho.eaglets.com 2.2.5-4 #3 Fri Apr 9 13:21:01 EDT 1999 i686 unknown

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat6.0 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,