Re: Screen capture of Gnumeric w. open menus

It is probably best to do this with the xwd program.  Find out the window
title of the gnumeric window, and run it as follows:

  sleep 10s ; xwd -name "Gnumeric: Untitled.gnumeric"  -screen > window.xwd

(replace the quoted string if the title is different).  You can then
convert the xwd file to some other format using ee.  The -screen argument
makes xwd grab the portion of the root window containing the desired
window, so it also gets windows sitting on top of that window (eg menus).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/