- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka fas harvard edu>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- cc: dmiller ilogic com au, goldin flight uchicago edu, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gnumeric/Guile/Python
- Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:24:15 -0400 (EDT)
> > use Safe;
> > $s = Safe->new(...);
> > $s->eval($code);
> > should do it. Of course, this disallows file io completely.
> Excellent. This sounds good.
> Now, we still need a mechanism in the "Safe" environment to not allow
> the code in perl/python to be able to modify any sheet/workbook which
> is not the current one.
That is automatic - the safe environment is completely on its own.
Care must be taken when selecting the correct Safe tags (see the
Opcode module manpage) so that things really are as safe as is necessary.
They can be also used to allow some spreadsheets more liberties
] [Thread Prev