more problems with drive mount

I talked about this a bit ago, but I still havn't figured it out...
I can't get users to be able to mount drives (zip, floppy, cdrom)

here is my /etc/fstab  (some lines wrapped):

/dev/hda1               /                       ext2    defaults        1
1
/dev/hda5               swap                    swap    defaults        0
0
/dev/fd0                /floppy vfat     user,noauto
/dev/cdrom  /cdrom  iso9660  ro,user,noauto,unhide
/dev/sda4               /zip    vfat     user,noauto 1 1
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0
0

as you can see, my removable drives all have user in them per the gnome
instructions and the mount manpage, but it still won't work.

Ideas?

--Ben