Re: Gnome 1.04/KDE 1.1/Red Hat 6.0

Cody:

> There is a PPP dialer applet included in gnome-network 1.0.2 that uses
> gnome-ppp, so once you setup gnome-ppp correctly you can use this dialer
> applet.

Thanks. I found it 5 minutes after I replied to Marco's post. I
apparently installed it during one of my insomnia sessions that I had
this past weekend. I really shouldn't be mucking around as root when I
am that tired.

I knew that the method I described is not the mainstream approach, but I
wanted to post it because it allows specific users to dial out rather
than changing permissions for a group. I may be wrong regarding
permissions changes (won't be the first time) but that is what I
understood was necessary to allow users to start and end PPP. With sudo
you can allow specified users to start and end a PPP session and prevent
others from accessing PPP altogether.

I'll have to give gnome-ppp a shot. Thanks again for the heads up.

Dave Lewis
Portland, OR