Re: The State Of The Art

>(Stand in the middle of a sphere, and have a plane perpendicular
>(which represents the screen) to your field of view go away from you
>on a radius of the sphere, the last point would be right in front of
>your viewpoint, where the center of the window is, so all else would
>be before that point, from your perspective.)
Hum - I hadn't thought of using real 3d, partly because of the CPU needs,
partly because 3d interfaces are a whole other ballgame.  I was just using
the sphere conceptually; the part of the sphere that you could see would
always be flat and up "against the glass" of your monitor (like a spherical
balloon pushed up against a flat surface).
Otherwise all your windows need to be distorted, and therefore become
unreadable.
dr g