Re: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?

How do you start gnome in your X initialisation files?

If you just run gnome-sission, then choosing logout from the panel should
be enough.  If you are not using gnome-session, then the X session will
terminate when the last application run in your startup file closes (this
may be to your window manager).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au