Re: gnome-terminal

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 12:01:40PM -0700, Boris Capitanu wrote:

Hi Boris,

> Does anyone know how to make 'gnome-terminal' run with the --login option by
> default? (is there a configuration file where I can set such an option?)

put an alias in /etc/profile e.g. :

alias gterm = "gnome-terminal --login"

> Oh, one more thing... does anyone know how to get rid of that warning about
> running the file manager as root, that appears each time you
> start GNOME?

Don't run X as root!  use 'su'.

> borice@hotmail.com

Nothing personal, but is there any reason to support Microsoft by
using http://hotmail.com ?

An alternative is http://mail.yahoo.com e.g.

--
- greetings, Albert -
Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.