panel and *.png errors

Hello !

This afternoon I compiled gnome by myself. Everything worked fine. After
gnome-core finished, I tried to start the panel.
It appeared, but all the nice icons are missing and there are a lot of
messages:

libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
/convert: No such file or directory
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/local/gnome/share/pixmaps/panel-arrow-up.png
All fallbacks failed.

The gnome-test program works alright (in gnome-libs), so I dont understand whats
wrong with libpng or imlib (I used libpng 1.0.1 and imlib 1.9.4).
Maybe anybody can give me a hint ?!

Jens