Re: Updated RH 6.0 GNOME RPMS 5/19

jin min ho said once upon a time (Thu, 20 May 1999):

> I upgrated this package but gnome-panel and gmc does not start when i
> log in as normal user (not root) . just showing redhat logo all the
> time. how can i solve this problem ?

The problem (I believe) is that the newer gnome software, in this case I
belive it is gnome-session, doesn't like finding config files from an
older version of gnome-session.

To fix your problem, try:

rm -rf ~/.gnome/sess* ~/.gnome/panel* ~/.gnome/gmc

This is documented in the README on the ftp site.

Dax Kelson