Re: Choice of languages

> I wish to direct this question directly at those who are core GNOME
> developers:
>
> Why choose C, and not C++?

The reason is because it is easier to create bindings for other languages
when a library is done in an imperative programming language.  It has been
done for other libraries, and follows from those examples in a very
straightforward manner.  Not only that, but C has a less steep learning
curve.   Also, C++ compilers are still on the iffy side of the
standard.  You can use gtk-- if you want to have C++ stuff.

I know where you're coming from, because where I work is primarily C++
based.  We also use the MFC libraries as a widget set.  I just wish the
gnome developers would make an application framework similar to that in
MFC, so that an application programmer didn't have to redo a whole bunch
of code every time to use standard design patterns like the App/Doc/View
pattern.

Chad