Re: Gnome logout and gmc shortcuts

> 1) Gnome not logging out.
>
> When I go to the panel footprint and click on Log out, nothing happens.  I
> would expect the window manager to exit and for X to quit, but nothing
> happens.  What am I doing wrong??

How did you start gnome?

> 2) gmc Midnight Commander desktop shortcuts (sometimes) not sticky.
>
> I have the "Home Directory" link on my desktop but it does not stick when
> I move to another virtual window.  Can I make it sticky?
> (Actually I went in and create another link and it was sticky).

They should always be sticky.  The try using the e menu to make them sticky if
they are not (you might have a buggy system).  Usually ctrl-left-button on the
icon should give you the menu.

> 3) Is it possible to create a keyboard shortcut to pop up a terminal in
> whatever directory that GMC is in?

Go to File->New->Terminal and hold your mouse there.  Hit a shortcut (I use
ctrl-t).  Now you should be able to use that shortcut.

/Erik

--
                            \|/