Re: Screensaver not being configured

: I have RH6, with tarballs for Gnome/E, etc.
:
: I have in the Gnome Control Center selected No Screensaver and Start after
: 0 Minutes.
:
: After some ten minutes, my screen goes blank, and I need to move the mouse
: or press a key to bring it back - the screensaver kicks in.

First see if xscreensaver is running:

~$ ps wwwaux|grep xscreen

If that gives you something like "xscreensaver -no-splash..." blah
blah then xscreensaver is running - go to the control center, pick "No
Screensaver", "Try", and run "ps wwwaux|grep xscreensaver" again.

If xscreensaver is not running then it's likely xset is telling the X
server to blank the screen. Do:

~$ xset q

and look for the "Screen Saver" section. If "timeout" and "cycle" are
not 0 then you need to type "xset s off" and see if that helps. You
may need to add "xset s off" to the "Session Manager" section of the
control center.

	- A