RedHat RPMs are missing m4 files?

  Hi,

  I'm working on Gnomifying a program that I've been working on for a few
months (an AIM client) and I've run into a problem.  My modifications to
configure.in work perfectly on my computer (although I'm not sure if they're
the Right Thing to do, some documentation on the autoconf macros exported
by Gnome would be welcome).  However, the other (actually, the main :-/ )
developer uses a RedHat system, which it seems doesn't include gnome*.m4 .
Obviously I could just cat the needed m4 files into acinclude.m4 and import it
into CVS, but I generally prefer not to break my programs in order to hack
around RedHat's brokenness unless it's absolutely essential.  Is there any
cleaner solution--eg, repacking the rpm, unpacking it in a temporary directory,
adding the m4 files, repacking it again, and reinstalling it?

  Daniel

--
All generalizations are dangerous.