Re: GDM XDMCP problems on RedHat 6.0 (was GDM Photos)

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> Jason.Pincin@networks.net writes:
> >May 10 12:10:43 cobra gdm[32366]: gdm_auth_secure_display: Could not unlink
> >/var/gdm/:0.xauth file: No such file or direct
> >ory
> >May 10 12:07:49 cobra gdm[31946]: gdm_auth_secure_display: Could not unlink
> >/var/gdm/172.16.6.226:0.xauth file: No such fi
> >le or directory
> >
> >Afterwards GDM semi-dies.  The greeter process is still running, but GDM
> >becomes unavailable for xdmcp broadcasts.  The files being mentioned in the
> >messages error are indeed there with the following perms:
> >
> >-rw-r-----   1 root     gdm            49 May 10 12:10 172.16.6.226:0.xauth
> >-rw-r-----   1 root     gdm            63 May 10 12:10 :0.xauth
>
> Works for me[tm], I see the same perms.
>
> # ls -ld /var/gdm
> drwxr-x---   2 gdm      gdm          1024 May  3 16:42 /var/gdm
>
> If that isn't it, then I don't know offhand what it could be.

Any chance you could post your complete XDMCP configuration section from
your gdm.conf file to this list? I'm getting the same symptoms as
Jason.Pincin, with one additional note:

My inittab file tells my X terminal to run "X -bpp 16 -query <xhostname>"
in runlevel 5. This results in the default gray background with X-shaped
cursor, and the message "XDM: too many retransmissions" on the console.

Any pointers?

--

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you
get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the