The real challange

The real challange is to make the ultimate, easy to use, ppp tool.

I've been using Linux for a while but yesterday I made an experiment. I
installed a clean Redhat 6.0 I tried to get ppp working only using kppp.

kppp is good but man did I have trouble. I'm calling a Shiva LanRover so it
should be pretty straight forward - in wind*ws it's just click'n go. I can
imagine how absolutely frustrating this would be for a first time Linux user.

These are some features I would like to see:

Automatic selection of pap, chap or terminal login depending on the isp.
Setting setuid permissions should be point and click (just asking for the
root password).
Step by step ("wizard") installation.

Anyone willing to give it a shot? Me? I barely remember that "Hello World"
thing. ;)

Whatever happened to gnome-ppp by the way? Is it still being developed?
gnome-ppp or not, we need a killer ppp application.

Matt