problem connecting to gdm from an X terminal

Hello,

On a NCD X terminal, in the chooser window, I have the different hosts
belonging to my network. Some are Sparcs running Solaris, others are Linux
stations running RH6.0+Gnome1.0

I can log on on the Sparc stations.
But when I choose a Linux station, a xdmcp request is sent but nothing
happens, the gdmgreeter doesn't appear.

On the Linux station, in etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, I have :

[xdmcp]
Enable=1
MaxLoadAvg=10
MaxPending=4
MaxManageWait=20
MaxSessions=4
Port=177

Folloxing the gdm doc, I added in /etc/hosts.allow :
gdm: .lirmm.fr

What is missing in my configuration ?
Thanks for any help.
* Gerard GACHELIN                   e-mail : gg@lirmm.fr *
* LIRMM (UMR 5506 CNRS/UMII)        MONTPELLIER (FRANCE) *
* WWW LIRMM Home Page               http://www.lirmm.fr/ *