Iconify

I want to write a program that has 2 states, Normal and iconified.  I
already have the program working normally, but I need some help finding
the hooks for drawing in an iconified state.

E15.5 now has the ability to iconify an application.  However, I would
like to have the program reduced to the gnome panel whenever someone
iconifies my application.  The thing is, I don't want it reduced to an
icon on the panel, I still want to be able to draw in the icon sized
window that the program is reduced to on the panel.

Is this possible?  And if so, can you direct me to the proper
documentation or examples?  I'm having a little trouble finding
documentation on this sort of thing.

Also, my application title does not appear on the window title bar.  Is
this a known bug, because gnome-hello and gnomeicu do the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chad