panel default config.. where?

I'm trying to set up a server that has a bunch of x-terminals connecting
to it.  I want to customize the panel so that certain apps appear as
well as a logout button, but there is no main menu.  (Of course they
could add it later if they wanted)  This should be the default when a
new user starts up X the first time.  I can't find where this config
file is.  I have been looking under /usr/share/gnome but no luck, where
is it?

Brock Freeman       | <Brock.Freeman@mila.com>      | 800/551-1596
Info Tech Director  | Information Technology Group  | 425/672-5659
MILA, Inc.          | http://brock.mila.com/        | Fax/672-6381
PGP Public Key:  http://brock.mila.com/brocks_key.key