Re: [Q] esd vs nas + another question

> > Could you send a stack trace from the core file to the list when that
> > happens, with a description of what you were doing when it crashed? That
> > would help more than just say that it crashed ;)
>
>         I've planned to investigate. It's just that I can't do it now. I just
> asked in case it was a known problem on sparcstations or something.

Hehe, it's a known problem with all architectures methinks ;) Well,
seriously it's a lot better now than a couple of months ago but it still
drops a core for me every now and then (i386).

Speaking of cores, is it possible to change the name of the core file that
something will drop? It would be so much easier to debug the panel if it
dropped a file that's not named 'core' because it gets overwritten by the
applets. Something like catch a signal and drop the core manually? I have
NO clue so it's probably not possible. It would be nice though.

Richard