Re: Created LIBGTOP_STABLE_1_0 branch in CVS

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Tomislav Vujec wrote:

> Martin Baulig wrote:
> > If you're using LibGTop from CVS, please use the LIBGTOP_STABLE_1_0 branch -
> > it will remain stable and 100% binary compatible to LibGTop 1.0.1 which came
> > with GNOME 1.0; only real bug fixes will go in.
>
> Why didn't you make branch called "libgtop-1-0"? It seems that almost
> everithyng in GNOME CVS uses lowercase letters for branches, and
> uppercase letters for tags. Like glib-1-2 branch which includes fixed
> tags GLIB_1_2_0, GLIB_1_2_1, GLIB_1_2_2 for releases.

Well, I already used uppercase names for branches in LibGTop before
such as LIBGTOP_STABLE_0_20 and LIBGTOP_0_25_PATCHES. So I choosed
LIBGTOP_STABLE_1_0 to make it consistent with the already existant
LIBGTOP_STABLE_0_20.

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org