Re: GTK window manager...
- From: Havoc Pennington <rhp zirx pair com>
- To: Tomas Ogren <stric ing umu se>
- cc: Matthew Berg <wdomburg pce net>, gnome-list gnome org, gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: Re: GTK window manager...
- Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 22:55:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 May 1999, Tomas Ogren wrote:
> As Jason wrote, we have full Gnome functionality.. and we also have a
> Gtk module where you can write menus, dialogs etc and still communicate
> with the internals of FVWM.
Again, I didn't mean to say anything bad about FVWM... if you guys want to
put Gnome integration in the core, that's a great thing. More reason for
Matt not to write his own WM.
> Don't try to convince me that Scheme is as fast as C...
I don't care if it is or isn't. :-) SCWM isn't slow in any user-visible
way. If the scheme adds nice functionality, it would be dumb to worry
about non-visible slowness, don't you think? If anything is slow, Guile
lets you write that part in C. That's the beauty of it.
Wandering dangerously off-topic - better mention Gtk if you follow up. ;-)
] [Thread Prev