Re: Archive : Problem running Gnome

>Sounds like what happened when I ran GNOME without a Window Manager
>
>If that is so
>1. exec gnome-session
>in the Xclients works
>2. i think you can run a windowmanager before or after (not sure)
>
>Gnome looks good without a windowmanager though ??

Thanks for your reply

I think you're right    but i have a window manager which is activated in
the control panel (enlightenment)
But (always a strange thing) i cannot execute the Enlightenment
configuration program (e-conf)   and i don't know why
I think gnome execute himself the window manager you want to use !

Gnome looks freat without a windowmanager (but i appreciate to have one)

Cyril TRIPIER